20 Incredible Glow in the Dark Temporary Tattoos – Designs and Ideas (2018)
Do you want to stand out from rest of the crowd with the best tattoo? Then you should consider the glow in the dark tattoos. There are two types of glow in the dark tattoos namely invisible UV ink and colored UV ink tattoos. Despite their name, neither of them glows independently.
They only light when you expose them the UV light rays.
The invisible UV ink tattoos
A good number of glowing tattoos are technically invisible although you may notice their presence. Nevertheless, they tend to be visible when you expose them to a source of UV light. Some tattoo designers can layer invisible ink beneath or over the normal tattoo to generate a glowing effect.
The UV inks used in creating these tattoos are a product of fluorescent ink. When made safely, this ink does not contain phosphorus or any other toxic chemicals that you can cause you home once they get into your body.
back to menu ↑
Colored UV ink tattoos
Under natural light, the colored UV ink is no different from the normal tattoos. However, you expose these tattoos to UV light, they will glow very brightly thus turning the colors into a fluorescent like palette. The colored UV ink combined with the invisible ink brings about a striking effect.
back to menu ↑
Placement of tattoos
Just like the regular tattoos, the glow in the dark tattoos tends to fade when you expose them to the rays of the sun or any other elements. When choosing for the best part of your body to place these tattoos you have to make sure that they will be visible.
Some of the areas that you can have a tattoo easily visible include the following
The arm can serve as an ideal choice for placing skeleton visible tattoos. The upper region of your arm is the best for tattoo placement since you will have to protect your tattoo from the effects of the rays of the sun.
Concealing and protecting of shoulder tattoos from the sun is very easy as compared to the other parts of the body parts. In addition, they are easy to show when at the club once you expose them to the black lights.
Although it is not common to find someone with a tattoo in the region, you can create grinning faces that will be visible under black lights.
- Lower part of your back
- On your neck beneath your long hair
The neck region is good for any tattoo that needs hiding. It is specifically ideal for a tattoo that will pick through your hair and make others admire you every time they see you.
back to menu ↑
Pros of having Invisible UV ink tattoos
- The invisible UV ink tattoos are not easy to notice. This makes them to be ideal for those working in corporate offices
- UV inks design allows for creation of fashionable tattoos since they can pop up while at the club having fun.
- The UV ink tattoos are unique and therefore they will make you stand from the rest
Cons of UV inks tattoos
- They may cause irritation and discomfort especially when you have a highly sensitive type of skin
- Finding a shop that designs tattoos with the right type of ink can be tricky.
back to menu ↑
Top 10 Glow in the dark tattoos for you
There are many design ideas that you can choose from depending on the type of UV ink you prefer. If you have been looking for the best glow in the dark tattoo, then you should consider the following.
- Skeleton. With many people going for skeleton tattoos, you can become unique by acquiring one that shows up only when you are in a dark place.
- Transformer. There is more than what meets the eye in the transformer tattoo. It has an outline that is only visible under the UV light and shows the word NERD as used in the language of Transformers.
- Bookworm. Finding a job with knuckle tattoos can be tricky in some organizations but with this type of tattoo that only shows up in the light, your passion and dedication towards literature will remain evident wherever you go.
- Cup cake. Most of the glows in the dark tattoos feature a single shade but cupcake has many colors. This makes to be one of the most attractive tattoos that you can have on your shoulder or arm.
- Geek madness. Flickr user Thumperwabbt’s son first showed this geek black tattoo. The tattoos features a Dharma logo together with the number 42 derived from Hitchhikers guide. Considering the oddities and mysteries in each of the series, you will agree with me that this is the best combination for a tattoo.
- Avatar. Despite the difficulty in capturing the magic of avatar in a tattoo, a few artists have managed to come up with the same. One of them is DenviantArt user danktat who has designed a tattoo of Neytiri that features glowing accents on the celebrity’s face.
- Gold fish. The gold fish glowing in the dark tattoos features a cute fish that is easily visible in the regular light as well as black light. Once you the gold fish tattoo, you can have the eye touched using a clear UV ink to make it unique and attractive.
- The Cheshire cat. One thing that will make you to fall in love with this tattoo is that the Cheshire cat appears and disappears at its own pleasure. This reveals the charming eyes as well as smile hidden behind its face. I believe this was the best way to pay homage to this creature. The lovely looking cat under the black light makes this tattoo just one of a kind.
- Apple pirate. If you love apple electronics then apple pirate is the best tattoo for you. The tattoo is an original idea of Art Hullender.
- Think. Think is the best tattoo that you can have for yourself. Imagine your brain showing the word THINK every time you walk into a club with black light.