95+ Saint Michael Tattoos Designs & Meanings – Protect Yourself (2018)
Do you need an ultimate protector or super natural being to comfort you when you are lonely? Then you should think about St. Michael.
With the increased popularity of tattoos among celebrities and other people, you need to find out about the history of different types tattoos, meaning, placement and care.
Do not go for any tattoo simply because you saw your favorite artist or sportsperson with one. You may have come across one of your friends with an angelic St Michael tattoo or one showing the guardian angel slaying Satan.
Did you ask yourself what the tattoo meant? Are you aware of the history of St Michael tattoos? Well, you do not have to worry since you are at the right place.
A Brief History of St Michael tattoos
Nine years ago, researchers discovered a 13000 years old mummy in The Nile, Sudan with a tattoo on its thigh. According to experts, the 5’2”woman may have died at an age of 20-25 years.
After scanning the remains, researchers found out that the ink on her thighs had a monogram of several letters that meant St Michael. This was a rare discovery because it was the first from this part of the African continent.
Despite the discovery, the scientists could not tell the purpose of the tattoo because of inadequate information. However, this did not stop people from coming up with possible meanings of the tattoo.
Some people believe that this tattoo meant expression of faith, reverence or seeking of intercession of saint.
Furthermore, the person responsible for designing the tattoos remains a mystery despite the extensive research that has taken place within this region. Another issue that came up after the discovery was the type of clothing worn by women in the Nile region at time.
Examining the placement of the tattoo, it is possible they wore very short skirts unless if this was a hidden tattoo.
back to menu ↑
Placement of the tattoo
From the discovery made in the Nile, one of the places where you can have a St. Michael tattoo is the thigh. The other parts of the body where tattooist can design this type of tattoo for you include arms, shoulders, back and neck.
back to menu ↑
Types of St. Michael tattoos
We have several types of St Michael tattoos that you have on any part of your body. Some of the best tattoos include the following
- The archangel tattoo.
If you are model or someone with a great passion for tattoos then you should go for the archangel tattoo.
The tattoo has detailed features and very elaborate shading that will leave you looking fashionable, trendy while at the same time protected as many people allege about the powers of this saint.
- Guardian tattoo. The exquisitely designed tattoo features several bright colors and shading that makes it to be one of the best tattoos.
- Saint Michael slaying. The Saint Michael slaying tattoo is a good way to show a fight between Satan and St Michael. Imagine how captivating and interesting it seems having a beautiful tattoo indicating angel Michael slaying Satan on your arm.
- Saint Michael yellow. The tattoo displays the angel in beautiful red and yellow colors. If you prefer something that looks bright and visible to the public then you should go for St. Michael Yellow tattoo.
- Saint Michael black. The saint Michael black can be a great treasure to keep for the rest of your life. It has a bold black outline that makes it easily visible regardless of the color of your skin.
- Full back tattoos. The full back tattoo can be a great way for showing your passion towards tattoos. The tattoo covers the entire back and may include a number of colors to make it more attractive.
- Faithfulness tattoo. Do you want to pass a message of faithfulness and purity? All you need is the faithfulness tattoo.
- Protected tattoo. You can have your guardian angel wherever you go by simply designing the protector tattoo on any of your arms, back or shoulders.
- Spiritual words. If you have a certain religious scripture that inspires you life then you can have the words written on your arm in the form of a tattoo. A professional tattooist will design it very well so that someone can read the words.
- Angel tattoo. Exceptionally appealing to look at, the angelic tattoos adds more value to your spiritual life especially when designed with bright colors such as red and yellow among others.
- Open wings. The open wings tattoos shows an angel flying from heaven to come and offer your comfort, protection and serenity anytime you have trouble in your life.
- Angel art. The captivating and eye-catching tattoo will make you stand from the rest of your friends with wonderful tattoos. You can have it on the upper part of arm or shoulder.
- Black outline.
You can aspire for angelic qualities by designing a black outline St Michael tattoo on your arm or even back.
The black outline tattoo is good for someone who wants something hidden may be because the organization he or she works with does not accept the art of tattoos because of one reason or the other.
- Vivid colorful tattoo.
The colorful and exquisite design of this type of tattoo makes it to be a one of the greatest pieces of art you can have on your body whether you are a man or women. The uniqueness and meaning adds value to the tattoo. It looks nice when placed on the upper part of your arm.
Tattoos have different meaning and placement. What a particular tattoos means when used by a woman is not the same as its meaning when a man goes for the same. Just like the other types of tattoos that you may have come across, St Michael tattoos have their meaning.
Before you pick any them understand its implication especially within your society because sometimes meaning can differ from one community to another.
When chosen appropriately, St Michael tattoos are among the best. One of the greatest determinants of a good tattooist is the tattooist. You should not go to anyone because he or she offers pocket friendly prices. Remember there is quality as well as care for the tattoo.
You will realize the two only if you choose the best tattooist.